by TeachThought Staff members
What is Flip?
In brief, Flip is a totally free, education-targeted platform to develop and share quick movies.
The embedded information further more below supplies a significantly much more in depth overview of how Flip is effective, but the limited model is that customers build films all-around topics, then add all those movies to a ‘Grid’ for sharing, feedback, and subject-dependent ‘response videos.’
But what characteristics make Flip it one of a kind? It is really about simplicity of use (by means of ‘Topics’) and privateness (as a result of ‘Grids’). So what this about Flipgrid’s Matters vs Grids?
Topics are what they sound like they’d be: prompts or discussion issues.
Grids are like school rooms or mastering communities.
The former is what the videos are about whilst the latter is wherever they’re shared and who they are shared to and with.
Brief Overview: How Flip Operates
Making use of Subject areas in Flip
From Flip’s enable area: “Topics can simply just be text-centered or include things like a useful resource these types of as graphic, movie, giphy, emoji, and attachment. Examine out the Matter Discovery Library to uncover ready-designed topics and include to the Grid. All educators can include unlimited Matters to their Grids. Sharing a Grid with a person will give them entry to every little thing on the Grid.”
Making use of the Grids in Flip
As talked about previously mentioned, even though college students produce brief films all around Matters, the main framework of Flipgrid is the Grids on their own. Grids are like groups–you can build a single for a class, a university or district and ‘close’ them or make it open up and ‘global.’ You can make Grids via the subsequent strategies and community forms:
1. School E mail exactly where college students be part of the Grid making use of their Microsoft or Google university electronic mail
2. College student ID where by you produce a listing of university student IDs to be part of your Grid (not in the European Union)
3. PLCs & Community wherever you share your Grid with the general public or some other ‘closed circuit’ team.
Privacy for Grids in Flip
You can insert a password so that your Grid can not be joined and video clips can’t be seen with the password. Anybody with the Flip Code and Grid password (if activated) can sign up for and check out the movies on the Grid. Also, to history a online video, contributors will confirm their email employing Microsoft or Google.
You can also choose whether or nor the Matter is moderated or not, as effectively as other privateness concentrations, and ‘Launch/Freeze’ dates for your Topic, and more (including paperwork and links).
What Are Flipgrid’s Other Characteristics?
Obtained by Microsoft in June 2018, Flipgrid has a wide range of options that make it a beneficial resource for educating and learning, which include online video downloads, video clip responses selections, stickers and drawings for videos, personalized evaluation rubrics, online video opinions, MixTapes, matter invites, personal share backlinks, Vibes, and more–including:
1. A discovery library where educators share topics for a range of grade stages and articles areas.
2. Video Format together with again-to-university intros, book talks, reflections, specialist Q&As, showcase STEAM thoughts and more. College students can use their purely natural voice to verbalize and share the method of mastering and reflection or just what they think they previously know and fully grasp.
3. Privacy functions that allow students to reply to each and every other’s video clips even though educators are in command with online video moderation, access controls, and far more.
4. Digital camera and modifying solutions that allow learners to seize widescreen videos, pause even though recording, increase far more right after reviewing, and trim.
5. ‘Any system access’ so students can share everywhere by employing any Area, Chromebook, laptop, iPad, Iphone, or Android gadget. (There is also an application for Windows 10.)
The Educator’s Guideline To Flip Desk Of Contents
The subsequent consumer manual (from which the featured image at the major of this publish was taken) is out there on Microsoft’s Flip blog and was established by Karly Moura, Sean Fahey, and Jennifer Saarinen. In the meantime, you can see the Table of Contents to the Flip Guide for Teachers beneath, and the guide alone embedded below that.
Portion 1: Getting Started out
Creating your Account
Creating a Grid
Responding to Topics
Spark and Vibes
Portion 2: The Flipgrid Neighborhood
Hashtags, Chats & Follows
Part 3: Sources
Blog site Posts and Grid Tips
Webinars & Video clips
Guides for College students
Part 4: Subsequent Degree
Portion 5: Updates (Since 8.1.18)
You can browse in better element about these and a lot more alternatives in the guideline you can uncover below.