We made the cutest drop take care of the other day with the kids – it was these baked cinnamon apple rings. It was a fun household exercise and they tasted so very good! Here’s the recipe so you can try at home.
BAKED CINNAMON APPLE RINGS RECIPE
* Puff pastry
* 4 Apples (gala preferences the most effective! to start with time we did granny smith and it was not as sweet – gala is sweeter 🙂 )
* 1/4 cup of Sugar
* 2 tsp floor cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
* 1 egg overwhelmed
- Peel, slice apples into rounds, main centre
- Unfold puff pastry, roll it out a tiny, lower into strips
- Blend the cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a shallow dish and set apart.
- Pat the apple slices dry with a paper towel and dust w/cinnamon sugar.
- Wrap puff pastry strips all-around every single apple ring.
- Brush the wrapped apple rings with egg wash.
- Dip or sprinkle rings into cinnamon sugar. (we drizzled maple syrup around to insert some sweetness but never have to)
Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes till puff pastry is flaky and mild golden brown.