Seattle is home to a wide variety of parks, and although you need to keep your dog leashed in most of them, there are many fenced off-leash areas within these spaces. There, you can let your dog run without their leash, meet other dogs, and practice your recall commands.
Here are 14 of our favorite off-leash dog parks in Seattle to help you decide where to go next. Remember to respect your fellow dog owners by cleaning up after your dog and making sure any gates are shut before you leave.
The 14 Off-Leash Dog Parks in Seattle, WA
1. Blue Pond Off-Leash Area
2. Denny Park Off-Leash Area
3. Dr. Jose Rizal Park Off-Leash Area
4. Genesee Park Off-Leash Area
5. Golden Gardens Off-Leash Area
|8498 Seaview Pl NW, Seattle, WA 98117
|🕐 Open Times:
|6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
|Yes, but dogs should be leashed in the rest of Golden Gardens Park
6. I-5 Colonnade Off-Leash Area
7. Kinnear Park Off-Leash Area
8. Magnolia Manor Park Off-Leash Area
9. Warren G. Magnuson Park Off-Leash Area
10. Northacres Park Off-Leash Area
11. Plymouth Pillars Off-Leash Area
12. Regrade Park Off-Leash Area
13. Westcrest Park Off-Leash Area
14. Lower Woodland Park Off-Leash Area
Although it’s fun to walk through a beautiful park with your loyal friend at your side, it’s even better when you get the chance to let them freely chase after a ball or frisbee. Seattle is no stranger to dog-friendly off-leash areas, which range in size from tiny neighborhood spots to huge, wooded areas that dogs will love to explore. Remember to bring a leash so you can keep your dog under control outside of the designated areas, to make the trip pleasant for everyone.
Featured Image Credit: Angyalosi Beata, Shutterstock