The biggest horse racing event in the UK takes place this weekend as the Grand National rolls into Aintree.
This race always provides drama and excitement, with 50-1 outsider Noble Yeats claiming an astonishing victory last year.
And the best of the best will be back this weekend looking to write themselves into folklore.
But it’s not just glory at stake as someone is going to walk away with a lucrative sum should their horse be victorious.
How much is on offer for winning the 2023 Grand National?
40 horses are set to line up at this year’s Grand National and they are competing for a prize pot worth £1million.
However, that enormous sum is split between the top ten, with the winner walking away with £561,300 of which the trainer and owner claim the majority.
The winning jockey only gets eight percent of that £561,300 plus their standard fee of £164.74.
Second place takes £211,100, and then it gradually works its way down to tenth place, where they receive £1,000.
This makes the Grand National one of the most lucrative races in the UK and the winners are remembered forever.
What TV channel is the Grand National on? Start time and free live stream from Aintree
Grand National 2023 runners and riders: Betting odds and latest news for Aintree race
All you need to know about the 2023 Grand National including live talkSPORT coverage
I survived helicopter crash and illness – now I can win Grand National with man in chopper
Grand National boost: Get Delta Work to place (6 places) at 2/1 on talkSPORT BET
Grand National Sweepstake Box: Win a share of £7k cash for all customers on talkSPORT BET
2023 Grand National prize pot split
First place – £561,300
Second place – £211,100
Third place – £105,500
Fourth place – £52,700
Fifth place – £26,500
Sixth place – £13,200
Seventh place – £6,800
Eighth place – £3,600
Ninth place – £2,000
Tenth place – £1,000
Grand National 2023: How to follow
The Grand National will take place on Saturday, April 15.
The day’s races leading up to the event start at 1:45pm, with the main event scheduled to get underway at 5:15pm.
talkSPORT will have full coverage of the race.
Rupert Bell and Lizzie Kelly will provide live commentary from Aintree from 5pm.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 through the website, click HERE for the live stream.
You can also listen via the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
ITV 1 and Racing TV will also show all the action and drama live on free-to-air television.
Grand National 2023: Runners and riders
Here is the confirmed field for the race and you can see all odds here on talkSPORT BET.
- 1. Any Second Now Mark Walsh
- 2. Noble Yeats Sean Bowen
- 3. Galvin Davy Russell
- 4. Fury Road Jonjo O’Neill Jr
- 5. The Big Dog Aidan Coleman
- 6. Capodanno Danny Mullins
- 7. Delta Work Keith Donoghue
- 8. Sam Brown Johnny Burke
- 9. Lifetime Ambition Sean O’Keeffe
- 10. Carefully Selected Michael O’Sullivan
- 11. Coko Beach Harry Cobden
- 12. Longhouse Poet JJ Slevin
- 13. Gaillard Du Mesnil Paul Townend
- 14. Darasso Luke Dempsey
- 15. Le Milos Harry Skelton
- 16. Escaria Ten Adrian Heskin
- 17. The Big Breakaway Brendan Powell
- 18. Cape Gentleman Jody McGarvey
- 19. Roi Mage Felix de Giles
- 20. Diol Ker Kieren Buckley
- 21. A Wave Of The Sea Shane Fitzgerald
- 22. Minella Trump Theo Gillard
- 23. Vanillier Sean Flanagan
- 24. Velvet Elvis Darragh O’Keeffe
- 25. Ain’t That A Shame Rachael Blackmore
- 26. Corach Rambler Derek Fox
- 27. Enjoy D’Allen Simon Torrens
- 28. Mr Incredible Brian Hayes
- 29. Mister Coffey Nico de Boinville
- 30. Cloudy Glen Charlie Deutsch
- 31. Hill Sixteen Ryan Mania
- 32. Gabbys Cross Peter Carberry
- 33. Recite A Prayer Jack Foley
- 34. Eva’s Oskar Alan Johns
- 35. Our Power Sam Twiston-Davies
- 36. Dunboyne Jack Tudor
- 37. Francky Du Berlais Ben Jones
- 38. Fortescue Hugh Nugent
- 39. Back On The Lash Adam Wedge
- 40. Born By The Sea Phillip Enright
talkSPORT BET Offer Of The Day
Bet £10 on the Grand National Festival, Get £20 In Bonuses – CLAIM HERE
18+ New customers only. Opt-in & bet £10 odds 2.00+ within 7 days. No Cashout. Get £5 Free Bet & £5 Casino Bonus. Get £5 Free Bet & £5 Casino Bonus 7 days later. Wagering 40x . Max withdraw £250. Bonuses Expire in 7 days. Click for T&Cs begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly.
SEE ALL FREE BETS HERE