Scotland are on the brink of securing Euro 2024 qualification and a earn in opposition to Spain this week will safe their put at the match.
The Tartan Military have won all of their qualifiers so much and sit six points apparent at the best of Group A ahead of this worldwide crack.
Steve Clarke’s aspect can now ebook their spot at the showpiece Euros with a different get though they can also do so even if they drop to La Roja.
Norway are currently third in the team and if they do not defeat Cyprus on Thursday, it will send out Scotland by means of no issue their personal consequence.
Spain vs Scotland: talkSPORT coverage
This Euro 2024 qualifier will get put on Thursday, October 12.
Kick-off at Estadio Olimpico de Sevilla is scheduled for 7:45pm.
talkSPORT 2 will have stay protection of the sport.
Commentary will arrive from Alex Crook and previous Scotland striker Chris Iwelumo.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 by means of the site, simply click Below for the dwell stream.
ou can also listen via the talkSPORT application, on DAB digital radio, as a result of your intelligent speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
The activity will also be broadcast stay on Viaplay Sporting activities 1.
Fans can sign up to look at the motion for just £9.99 per month. Much more particulars can be observed below.
Most examine in European Championship
Spain vs Scotland: Group news
16-calendar year-old Barcelona starlet Lamine Yamal has had to pull out of the Spain squad owing to a muscle concern picked up at the weekend.
Yeremy Pino has also experienced to back out by harm, with Brighton loanee Ansu Fati and Bryan Zaragoza remaining named up in their location.
For Scotland, midfielder Ryan Jack has been compelled to pull out of the squad immediately after picking up an personal injury for Rangers towards Aberdeen.
Clarke has not named up a substitution to his squad which doesn’t include Kieran Tierney who has been sidelined with a challenge when on financial loan from Arsenal at Genuine Sociedad.
Spain vs Scotland: What has been explained?
Scotland boss Clarke is anticipating a much more durable activity towards Spain in comparison to when his aspect beat them seven months in the past.
He mentioned: “You have to participate in under pressure in opposition to these top rated groups due to the fact they press so very well. They’re athletic, quick and the velocity of their activity is so very good.
“You have to do all the things suitable. When we played Spain in March, we very a lot did almost everything proper. We adopted the ways we experienced on the night time and they labored effectively for us.
“Spain have come alive in this group in the previous two game titles – 13 objectives scored and 6 points. They will want to complete prime of the team and most likely want to get a small again on us for that consequence at Hampden.
“They were being maybe contemplating about the Nations League in the summer time, which they received. So maybe it was a excellent time to get them.”
Spain vs Scotland: Match facts
- Scotland have received their final 11 group stage matches in qualifying for important tournaments, the longest ongoing run of any European nation. They haven’t won 6 team stage matches in a European Championship qualifying campaign since their Euro 2008 qualifying group (8).
- Spain have won their very last 24 home European Championship qualifiers, a run that stretches again to September 2003 and is the longest at any time property profitable run in Euro qualifying record. The previous facet to beat them on residence soil have been Greece in June 2003, who would afterwards earn the pursuing European Championship event in 2004.
- Scotland have received 15 of their final 18 aggressive global matches (D1 L2), like their final five in a row, all in Euro 2024 qualifiers. Considering that September 2021, only Portugal (17), the Netherlands (16) and France (16) have received extra competitive matches between European nations.
- In qualifying for big tournaments (Earth Cup/Euros), Spain have only shed dwelling and away towards a aspect in the group phases the moment ahead of, dropping two times to France in Euro 1992 qualifying.
- Next their 2- earn about Spain in March, Scotland are on the lookout to report consecutive victories towards them for the initially time.
- Spain have only dropped 1 of their eight dwelling matches towards Scotland in all competitions (W4 D3), losing 6-2 versus them in a friendly in June 1963. This is their very first meeting with Scotland on property soil because October 2011, a 3-1 win in a European Championship qualifier.
- Only Belgium’s Romelu Lukaku (8) has a lot more targets in Euro 2024 qualifying than Scotland’s Scott McTominay (6). The only Scottish gamers to ever score much more situations in a qualifying marketing campaign for a significant match are Steven Fletcher (seven in Euro 2016 qualifying) and John McGinn (seven in Euro 2020 qualifying).
- Excluding possess aims, only Portugal (11) have had additional various scorers in qualifying for Euro 2024 than Spain (9), with Alvaro Morata and Joselu joint top rated scorers for the Spaniards with three aims every.
The new talkSPORT match centre
Retain up-to-day with all the newest soccer fixtures, success and standings in our new match centre.