West Ham host Southampton on Sunday afternoon in what is a critical clash in the Premier League relegation operate-in.
The Hammers are only a stage ahead of base-of-the-desk Saints with a loss for possibly staff hugely threatening their best-flight status.
David Moyes has been beneath stress this period immediately after a torrid campaign for his aspect and if they do not appear out on major this weekend, his occupation could be at hazard.
He faces Ruben Selles’ facet who travel to the capital in hopes of relocating off the foot of the table by making on their extraordinary comeback attract from Tottenham last time out.
West Ham vs Southampton: How to follow
This Leading League clash will just take put on Sunday, April 2.
Kick-off at the London Stadium is scheduled for 2pm.
The match will be broadcast reside on Sky Sporting activities Principal Event and Sky Sports Leading League
talkSPORT will also have typical updates of the motion.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 by the internet site, click on Below for the dwell stream.
u can also hear through the talkSPORT application, on DAB electronic radio, by your wise speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
West Ham vs Southampton: Crew news
West Ham XI: Fabianski, Emerson, Kehrer, Aguerd, Zouma, Soucek, Rice, Paqueta, Benrahma, Bowen, Ings.
Subs: Areola, Cresswell, Coufal, Fornals, Antonio, Lanzini, Downes, Cornet, Ogbonna.
Southampton XI: Bazunu, Perraud, Walker-Peters, Caleta-Car, Bednarek, Ward-Prowse, Lavia, Stuart Armstrong, Mara, Elyounoussi, Walcott.
Subs: McCarthy, Maitland-Niles, Lyanco, Aribo, Orsic, Onuachu, Sulemana, Alcaraz, Diallo.
West Ham vs Southampton: What has been stated?
West Ham manager Moyes is determined for a gain: “The basic thing is we’ve bought to rating targets and not concede any goals, in among that are heaps of other matters.
“The most important detail is winning online games. We’ve received to get that acquire underneath our belt.
“We’re in a actually significant phase, plenty of games. We’ve received 3 games in 6 times, we have to take what we can get.”
West Ham vs Southampton: Match information
- Coming into this weekend’s online games, only Kieran Trippier (49) has developed additional likelihood from set plays than James Ward-Prowse (35) in the Leading League this year, while the Southampton skipper is the only player to make 25+ possibilities from both open engage in (27) and set parts (35) in the division this time period.
- Just before the March intercontinental split, only Rodri (243) won possession more times than West Ham’s Declan Rice (232) in the Premier League this year, while, amongst midfielders, only Rodri all over again (300) built much more progressive carries (relocating 5+ metres upfield with the ball) than Rice (222) in the division this time period.
- Saïd Benrahma has a lot more Premier League objective involvements than any other West Ham participant this season (7 – 4 aims, 3 helps). The Algerian is hunting to rating in again-to-again Leading League appearances for the 1st time given that December 2021, when a person of these matches was at residence to Southampton.
- No other sides have stored much less clean sheets in the Premier League this time than Southampton (4) and West Ham (5). For the Hammers, five thoroughly clean sheets is their fewest at this phase of a prime-flight season considering that 2018-19 beneath Manuel Pellegrini (4), although it is the lowest tally by a David Moyes aspect in their very first 26 matches of a Premier League marketing campaign given that Sunderland in 2016-17 (4).
- Southampton have picked up as a lot of details in their 6 Leading League online games beneath Rubén Sellés (8 – W2 D2 L2) as they experienced in their 17 league matches beforehand (W2 D2 L13).
- Sides commencing the working day base of the Premier League have gained 11 league matches this year, 4 much more than the whole of past expression (7), and the most in a single marketing campaign in the level of competition considering the fact that 2017-18 (12). Southampton have been responsible for three of these victories by bottom-positioned sides in 2022-23, a joint-significant (also Leicester).
- Considering the fact that losing three straight dwelling league games from November to December, West Ham are unbeaten in their very last 4 at the London Stadium (W2 D2). Not considering the fact that April 2022 have the Hammers long gone longer without having a household defeat in the Premier League (6 games).
- Coming into this weekend’s video games, Southampton have picked up the maximum share of their Leading League points this season away from household (57% – 13/23). In the meantime, only Nottingham Forest (77%) have a greater share of points won at residence in 2022-23 than West Ham (75% – 18/24).
- Southampton are hunting to acquire consecutive league visits to West Ham for the to start with time given that April 1992 – they’d misplaced four in a row at the Hammers before final season’s 3-2 victory.
- West Ham have lost just a single of their past 10 Leading League games in opposition to Southampton (W6 D3), although that was a 3-2 defeat in this actual fixture very last year.