We’re giving you the chance to win £5,000 cash in our new ‘£5K Fridays’ competition run across the News Broadcasting Network of Stations
It’s easy to enter. All you have to do is text the word WIN to 63320 ( £2+ standard network charges) before 5pm on Friday the 3rd of March.
A free entry route is available by sending your full name and contact details, including telephone number to the address below. Entries should be sent either on a postcard or on/in a sealed envelope and must be received before 5pm on Tuesday, March 7th 2023.
PO Box 3190
18+. You must have bill payers’ permission.
One lucky winner will then be chosen at random from all entries received before the closing dates.
This is a News Broadcasting Network competition and the full terms and conditions can be found here
‘talkSPORT ‘£5k Fridays’ COMPETITION (THE “PROMOTION”) RULES
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry will also be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published in publications of the Promoter (defined below) (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
The promoter of this Promotion is talkSPORT Limited a News Broadcasting Company of 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF (the Promoter).
Participation in the Promotion
- The Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom (Excluding Northern Ireland) only. The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Promotion:
- employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited or other group companies;
- employees and agents of any organisation directly connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third-party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies;
- the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents referred to in (b) and (c); and
- individuals under 18 years of age.
- The Promotion starts at 00:01 (UK time) on Friday 24th February 2023 and closes at 17:00 (UK time) on Friday the 3rd March 2023 for text entries and 17:00 (UK Time) on Tuesday the 7th March 2023 for postal entries (the Promotion Periods). Any entries received outside the Promotion Periods will be void.
- Participants may make a maximum of 20 paid entries per person during the Promotion Period. Bulk, automatically generated or third-party entries are void.
- To enter by text you must text the keyword WIN to 63320 during the text entry Promotion Period. Text messages will be charged at £2 plus standard network rates during the Promotion Period only. If participants do not wish to receive marketing texts about future competitions, or similar products and services, please text STOP to 63320.
- When a participant first enters the competition during the Promotion Period by sending a premium rate SMS, they will be invited to take part in a “3 for 2” offer, whereby if they enter the competition a second time by sending a second SMS text entry using the same mobile number during the Promotion Period, they will receive an additional entry at no extra cost. The free additional entry will automatically be included after the participant enters the competition a second time, and a third SMS message is not required to claim the free additional entry. If a participant texts for a third time during the Promotion Period, the cycle restarts and they will be charged again at the premium rate of £2 plus one standard message. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that if they choose to accept the 3-for-2 offer, it is within the Promotion Period when text lines are still open. Otherwise, their additional entry and free entry may be charged but not included in the draw.
- During the Promotion, the Promoter may run a special 2 for 1 offer on select dates, played out on air. The on-air promotion will ask entrants to text through their answer with a unique keyword to be entered into the promotion successfully. Entrants who have successfully entered with the unique keyword will receive a confirmation text confirming their 2 for 1 entries.
- Misspelt entries may be accepted, at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network error or handset error.
- A free entry route is available by sending your full name and contact details, including telephone number to the address below. Entries should be sent either on a postcard or on/in a sealed envelope and must be received before 5pm on Tuesday, March 7th 2023. ‘’£5k Fridays’, PO Box 3190, Colchester, CO2 8GP
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Promotion any entries submitted if, in its reasonable opinion, it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such entry.
- Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry methods – via text or post – will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges at the usual rate depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Promotion online, by text, or by email.
Winners and Prizes
- There will be one prize winner and one prize of £5,000
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this Promotion received during the Promotion Periods by a computer process that produces verifiably random results. There will be no prizes for any other entrants.
Prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any guarantees, representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, if in its reasonable discretion, it is appropriate to do so.
- The Promoter may amend or withdraw any element of a competition, prize draw, vote or poll for reasons beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the vote, poll, competition or prize draw entry platform before the closing date, or for a strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, public health concern in relation to potential infection, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences. Therefore the Promoter shall not be responsible if a winner is unable to redeem their prize for any time period as a result of government guidelines or restrictions resulting from COVID-19. No compensation will be made available in these circumstances.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
- Winners will be notified by phone within 48 hours after the end of the Postal Promotion Period which is 5pm on March 7th 2023.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available within that time period, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Periods. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 2 days of having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- The prize will be delivered into the winner’s bank account by BACS transfer. The Promoter proposes to make available a list of winners, subject to any objections from the relevant individuals. For a copy of the list, please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to News UK, Promotions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating for which Promotion you would like winners’ details. If a winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform the Promoter at the earliest opportunity using email firstname.lastname@example.org Winners acknowledge that the Promoter may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority or other regulators.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The Promoter is required to either publish or make available information that indicates a valid award took place. As such, the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone that contacts the Promoter at the address given above by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period.
- If a winner objects to any or all of their surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, they should contact the Promoter at the address given above. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to competent authorities, including the Advertising Standard Authority, on request.
The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize (although, if you win, your details may be disclosed to the prize provider in order to provide you with the prize).
- Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Without prejudice to an entrant’s statutory rights and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its reasonable discretion, it becomes necessary to do so. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions in its reasonable discretion. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s websites (the Websites – talkSPORT.com, Virginradio.co.uk and talkRADIO.co.uk)
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.